Happy New Year!
We hope that you are as excited for this upcoming weekend as we are!
I just wanted to get everybody on the same page and make sure that you had all of the information you need for this weekend.
Here are a few things to make note of for this weekend:
All catchers should arrive at camp (Historic Dodgertown - Vero Beach, 3901 26th St, Vero Beach, FL 32960) as soon as possible on Friday, January 12th. We prefer if you are there before 6pm, but understand that travel arrangements may not have allowed for that to happen. That is OK, we will make sure to check you in and secure your room keys for you. Just see us when you arrive.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILED SCHEDULE
NOTE: PLEASE BRING CONFIRMATION E-MAIL WITH YOU. WE WILL USE THE QR CODE IN THE E-MAIL TO CHECK YOUR CATCHERS IN.
2. Catchers should bring full catchers gear. All male students must wear a cup.
3. Players will not need their bats or any other gloves for other positions they may play.
4. On field attire should be baseball/softball pants and a T-shirt, with cleats. Should we need to move into the covered facility, the kids will need turfs or sneakers, so please make sure to bring a few footwear options. There will be occasional down time each day. So, we’d definitely recommend some casual clothing for the weekend. There is a pool on the campus, so a swimsuit may also be a good idea.
5. I believe that Dodgertown is supplying water to the field when training, but bringing a water bottle isn’t the worst idea either.
6. As noted during the registration process, meals are covered during the camp. However, food outside of the planned meal times are not. If you would like to bring food for consumption outside of the meal times, that is fine. Each room, does have a small refrigerator.
7. There will be multiple bathrooms open around the complex for both the parents and the students throughout the week.
8. Coach Jay’s can be reached on site @ 603 - 860 - 9960 (cell)
9. In case of inclement weather, Historic Dodgertown has an on-site covered batting cage facility that we would use.
We will make sure to let everyone know the location for the day’s activities during breakfast each day.
10. If there should be a need for medical assistance, the complex is less than 3 miles, and 10 minutes away from Indian River Medical Center.
If you have any other questions please get in touch with Coach Jay Weaver at Jay@catchingcamp.com