Hello to all the catchers coming to our 2018 Catching Camps. I cannot tell you just how excited we are to welcome you all to our 18th annual TCC Summer Camps!
Here you will find information about the location of the stadium and other items related to general camp operations. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
- Coach Jay
GENERAL SUMMER CAMP INFO
*CAMP SCHEDULE CAN BE FOUND HERE
1. All catchers should arrive at camp (Gill Stadium - 396 Valley St. Manchester, NH) on Monday 45 minutes before the start of their session. Arrive at 7:15 for AM session and 12:15 for PM session. All other days arrive 15 minutes before session start time.
NOTE: PLEASE BRING CONFIRMATION E-MAIL WITH YOU. WE WILL USE THE QR CODE IN THE E-MAIL TO CHECK YOUR CATCHERS IN.
2. Catchers should bring full catchers gear. If you do not have a piece of equipment contact Coach Jay Weaver immediately. Do Not Buy New Gear. We have gear you can borrow. All male students must wear a cup.
3. Players will not need their bats or any other gloves for other positions they may play.
4. Since the field is turf, cleats or turfs are allowed. Sneakers should only be worn at our indoor location (NH SportsPlex - 6 Technology Dr. Bedford, NH) if we have to move the camp inside due to rain, but are acceptable if cleats or turfs are not an option for you.
5. Please bring your own drinks to start the day. If you use it all up the camp provides all the cold bottled water you need free of charge. However, it will be expected that each camp attendee will pickup any used bottle of water and throw them out before they leave the field.
6. The stadium has plenty of onsite parking. To avoid much of the traffic around the Beech St School and the JFK Coliseum, we recommend following the route pictured HERE to enter the Gill Stadium parking lot. Parents are permitted and encouraged to stay and watch. There are bleachers to watch from with plenty of shade in the stadium.
7. There will be multiple bathrooms open around the stadium for both the parents and the students throughout the week. However, the concession stand will not be open during our event.
8. Coach Jay’s can be reached at the stadium @ 603- 882-8981
9. In case of inclement weather, NH SportsPlex will be used as the indoor backup facility. The address is 68 Technology Dr. Bedford, NH
We will use multiple methods to inform you if we are going to be inside for the day:
A. For the morning session a decision will be made by 6AM AND a notice will be posted at the top of the TCC home page at www.catchingcamp.com, and as announcement will be on the TCC message line 603-882-8981.
B. For the afternoon session check the webpage in the morning. If the morning session was moved to the NH SportsPlex then the afternoon session will be there as well. Otherwise check the message line for an announcement by 11:30AM at 603-882-8981.
10. Players wearing baseball/softball pants - Do Not Even Think about setting foot on the field if your shirt is not tucked in.
11. Coach Jay Weaver believes catchers should be the most disciplined players on the field. This means that all rules will be followed by all players. Absolutely no profanity will be tolerated or throwing of gear if a player is not pleased with their performance. Players will receive one warning from Coach Jay, if the problem happens again the player will be excused from the remaining days of camp. There will be no refund of any fees.
12. If there should be a need for medical assistance, the stadium is located 1.2 miles from Elliot Hospital.
If you have any other questions please get in touch with Coach Jay Weaver at Jay@catchingcamp.com